Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy flowers in my yard

danish flag poppies
Reaching up to God
I've never been much of a gardener but I can't tell you how much joy these poppies in my front yard have been bringing me every day :) If I can get myself to weed more often perhaps I'll start a real flower garden... Every day there are new poppy faces opening up to smile at me and they all look so different. When I pull out my camera to photograph them, there is no ice to break and they are 100% content with the beauty that God gave them. ;) Here are a few portraits of their happy smiles ~ (bear in mind these are not cheesy camera-smiles, they just can't help but smile all the time)


I hope they made you as happy as they make me!

Danish flag poppies
These are called Danish Flag Poppies. They really do look like the Danish flag :)

alicia clifford Photo Art
pure joy





Danish Flag Poppy
“Let but my scarlet head appear And I am held in scorn; Yet juice of subtle virtue lies Within my cup of curious dyes.” ~Christina Rossetti

~Much love,
Alicia

2 comments:

  1. ahh!! faveorite post.. you will have a hard time topping this.. as you know I heart poppies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it. I hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete