Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Alive Anew

I have been an artist for as long as I can remember. It has been my every breath to create beauty and to express... its a very long and very sad story I don't wish to re-live or expound on, but art has been a very deeply wounded place in my soul for the past 10 years. I feel that the wound is finally healing through photography and I wish to share this piece of prose that I wrote this morning


The forever night has lifted her veil to display long outstretched fingers of dawn. I lift my eyes - squinting to adjust to the overwhelming beauty and inhale- inhale only to exhale the old growth's seed which thrives and lives at last.

This seed has a better life, has a better chance to stretch, to unfold and be true. ...More of the sun, more of the water, more coddling more care. This heart's wings have grown feathers anew.

I see a sapling with leaves that heal, that is bursting with fruit - - too many for its small young boughs ...longing to feed the world with its passion and life; searching for those who hunger for beauty.

This new being is my art and my spirit alive anew - thriving in joy, in life, in love, in growing; not in sorrow and death and pain and darkness. The old growth has passed but I shall no longer mourn her painful life, nor long for vengeance over her death and over the slow death of hope. This dawn has brought life and hope anew and with that the tools to survive. Thank you Creator for a second chance... for light, and for beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment